The Nord Clavia Nord Piano 3 88-Key Stage Piano is a stage piano of outstanding quality and keyboard technology. The keys have an improved grand weighted action, utilising the Virtual Hammer Action Technology. This perfectly simulates the hammer movements in a Grand Piano meaning performance on the Nord 3 is completely absorbing and natural. The technology even extends to top and bottom triggering and repetitions. The Nord 3 also has added key weight for improved dynamic control.
On-Board memory is now 1GB, dedicated exclusively to the Nord Piano Library. This ever expanding library is filled with acoustic and electric instruments that have been selected for their unique character and dynamic characteristics. The Factory Bank features 6 Grand Pianos, 5 Upright Pianos, 11 Electric Pianos, Clavinet and Harpsichords. Replacing the sounds in your Nord Piano 3 is simply a matter of dragging and dropping files in the Nord Sound Manager for Mac and Windows. Other interesting features include Advanced String Resonance, Soft Release and Pedal Noise.
A Sample Synth section on the top of the piano has 256MB for use with the Nord Sample Library 2.0, a selection of high-quality sampled sounds from a vast range of genres. New additions to this library can be downloaded at the users leisure. The Sample Synth section has dedicated knobs for adjusting Attack, Decay/Release, Dynamic controls and volume of the selected sound. Volume can also be controlled with an optional Volume Pedal and the Sostenuto pedal on the Nord Triple Pedal can be used as a separate Sustain/Latch Pedal for the Sample Synth section for advanced layering possibilities. Furthermore, the Nord Sample Editor allows for the creation of your own sample instruments. Looping and mapping of these sounds is also an option.
The Nord Piano 3 Effect section features superb, adjustable effects for instantly adding dirt, glimmer or atmosphere to your sound. All effects are in Stereo. The effects are Pan, Tremelo, Wah-Wah, Ring Modulator, Phaser, Flanger, Vibe, Delay, EQ and Compressor, across 6 sections. Each of the effects sections can be assigned to either the Piano or Sample Synth section.
The crystal clear OLED display provides an excellent overview when selecting or editing Sounds, Effects and Programs on stage. A new Organize function allows you to effortlessly rearrange the order of Programs, Pianos and Samples. There are 200 locations, organized in 4 banks with 50 programs each. The Nord Piano 3 also has 5 Live locations that automatically save the current settings - ideal as a sketching pad at rehearsals when trying out new sound combinations in the search of the perfect sound
The main features of the Nord Clavia Nord Piano 3 88-Key Stage Piano include:
- OLED Display
- 4 Banks with 50 programs - 200 Locations
- Organize Functionality for Programs
- Live Mode - 5 Live programs
- Global Transpose: +/- 6 semitones
- Program Transpose: +/- 6 semitones
- Fine-Tune: +/- 50 Cents
- Kbd Touch: 4 velocity response curves
- Triple Sensor Keybed with Virtual Hammer Action Technology
- Split Functionality with Selectable Split Point and LED Indication
- Layer Functionality
- Mono Output Option
- Dynamic Sustain Pedal Action with the included Nord Triple Pedal
- Free OS Updates
- 6 x Types - Grand, Upright, Electric Piano 1, Electric Piano 2, Clavinet & Harpsichord.
- Each Category can contain up to 9 Different Models.
- Organize Functionality for Piano Sounds
- 40/60 Voices Polyphony (Stereo/Mono Pianos)
- Advanced String Resonance (Generation 2) - Adjustable Amount
- Selectable Soft Release for Grand, Upright, Electric Pianos and Harpsichord
- Selectable Pedal Noise for Grand, Upright and Electric Pianos 1 - Adjustable Amount
- Octave Transpose: -1/+1
Sample Synth Section
- 15 Voices Polyphony
- Organize Functionality for Samples
- Amp Envelope with Attack and Decay/Release
- Selectable Velocity Sensitive Low Pass Filter and Dynamic Range
- Octave Transpose: -1/+3
- Sustenuto Pedal can be set as Sustain or Latch Pedal for the Sample Synth section.
- Volume Controllable with Volume Pedal (not included)
- Approx. 1 GB dedicated to the Nord Piano Library
- Approx. 256 MB dedicated to the Nord Sample Library 2.0
- Pan, Tremolo, Wah and Ring Modulator
- Three selectable depths for the Pan and Tremolo, rate controlled with the Effect 1 Rate knob
- Tremolo, Pan, Ring-Mod and Wah can be controlled with Control Pedal
- Phaser 1, Phaser 2, Flanger, Chorus 1, Chorus 2 and Vibe
- Two selectable depths for each effect
- Amp Simulations, Comp and EQ
- Comp/Amp - three amp/speaker simulations, Tube Overdrive
- Drive/Compression amount controlled with the Drive knob
- Three Band EQ, with Sweepable Mid. +/- 15 dB Gain/Attenuation
- Dedicated Reverb with Room, Stage and Hall Algorithms, each with an additional Bright Mode
- Dedicated Delay Effect - Rate, Amount and Tap-Tempo Function
- 2 Audio Outputs L & R - ¼", 6.35 mm Jacks, Unbalanced
- 1 Monitor Input - 1/8", 3.5 mm Stereo Jack
- 1 Headphone Output - ¼", 6.35 mm Stereo Jack
- 1 Piano Pedal Input - ¼", 6.35 mm jack. Use the included Nord Triple Pedal or a Momentary Pedal, e.g., Roland DP-2, DP-6, Yamaha FC-4, FC-5, Fatar VFP1-25 etc
- 1 Volume Pedal Input - ¼", 6.35 mm TRS Stereo Jack. Use a Control/Expression Pedal like e.g. Yamaha FC-7, Roland EV-5 etc.
- MIDI In, MIDI Out - 5 pin DIN connectors
- USB - Type B Connector - for transferring sounds and USB-MIDI
- IEC C14 Power Connector
- Length: 1287mm
- Height: 121mm
- Depth: 340mm
- Weight: 18.2kg