The Pioneer TORAIZ AS-1 Monophonic Analogue Synthesizer consists of two VCOs, two VCFs, two EGs, an LFO and a VCA. The AS-1 is a monophonic analogue synthesizer equipped with intuitive controls including parameter knobs that enable you to make subtle and dramatic changes to your music tone to create a personalised sound. Additionally the touchpad-style keyboard and slider help you manipulate sounds during performances. Driven by a fully programmable, true analogue synthesis engine based on the discrete analogue circuitry in Dave Smith Instruments’ Prophet-6 synthesizer, the AS-1 even has seven of its on-board effects and a brand new digital distortion.
The AS-1 has two voltage-controlled oscillators (VCOs) with continuously-variable triangle, sawtooth, and pulse wave shapes. You are able to mould your sound with two voltage-controlled filters (VCF)s, a four-pole, resonant low-pass filter, and a two-pole, resonant high-pass filter. Containing 495 preset programmes each with a different sound, the AS-1 has a 64-step sequence that can be edited separately and you can save up to 495 of your own programmes in the five user banks.
The main features of the Pioneer TORAIZ AS-1 Monophonic Analogue Synthesizer include:
- 2x VCOs, 2x VCFs, 1x VCS, 2x EGs, 1x LFO
- 13-Key (Touchpad-Style Slider)
- Based on DSI Prophet-6 Analog Circuitry
- 495x Presets
- 495x Program Slots
- Prophet-6 Derived Dual Effects Engine
- FX1: Bucket Brigade Delay, Distortion, Ring Modulation
- FX2: Chorus, High-Resonance Phaser, Low-Resonance Phaser, Maestro Phaser
- 64-Step Sequencer
- Built-In Arpeggiator
- Connectors: Audio Out L/R (1/4" TRS); Headphones (1/4" Stereo); MIDI I/O/Thru (5-Pin DIN); USB Type B
- AC Adaptor: DC 5V
- Weight: 1.4 kg