The Roland JD-Xi Compact Crossover Synthesizer with its unique crossover sound engine provides the best of both worlds. It combines the smooth, warm response of classic analogue with the clarity and versatility of digital. Equipped with 37 mini keys, a pattern sequencer, built-in drum kits, Vocoder, Auto Note and Auto Pitch, this is one truly versatile compact keyboard.
The monophonic analogue synth section features saw, triangle, and square waveforms with pulse-width modulation and an analogue filter, plus an independent sub oscillator for low-end power. Two digital synth sections offer 128-voice polyphony and a wide range of high-quality SuperNATURAL synth tones, including pads, strings, electric piano, sound effects, and many others.
The JD-Xi comes included with a high quality, sturdy gooseneck mic that allows you to use the Vocoder and auto pitch features. Vocoder allows you to sing into the mic and control the tone and pitch via sounds played on the keyboard. Achieving exaggerated, robot vocal sounds are now easy to create using Auto Pitch. Auto Note is an innovative feature that allows you to "sing" JD-Xi sounds without ever touching the keys.
The JD-Xi's pattern sequencer and large selection of sounds allow you to create and perform sophisticated music. The four track sequencer lets you use two digital synth parts, analogue synth and drums, letting you build deep and rich loops that will fit any genre. Real time step recording modes are also included, along with a special TR-REC mode that allows you to program in the style of Roland’s classic TR-series beatboxes.
The JD-Xi delivers quality rhythm tones with the variety of dynamic drum kits. This includes many types of electronic and acoustic kits, and the drum instrument assignments are labelled for your ease. You can also adjust the filter, envelope, pitch, and pan parameters on individual drum sounds, allowing you to personalise the kits.
Sounds can be greatly enhanced via the four simultaneous effects sections. Effect 1 and 2 provide selectable processing options such as Slicer, Bit Crusher, and Ring Mod while dedicated Delay and Reverb sections make it super easy to place sounds in a ambient space. Each section can be turned on and off separately, making it easy to shape your mix with many combinations.
The main features of the Roland JD-Xi Compact Crossover Synthesizer include:
- Interactive Crossover Synthesizer with Analogue & Digital Sound Engines
- Analogue Synth Section Provides Authentic Lead & Bass Tones
- Two Digital Synth Sections with SuperNATURAL Synth Tones & 128-Voice Total Polyphony
- Four-Track Pattern Sequencer & High-Quality Rhythm Sounds
- Included Gooseneck Mic for Use with Built-In Vocoder & AutoPitch
- Process Sounds with Four Simultaneous Effects (Effect 1/2, Delay, Reverb)
- USB for Audio/MIDI Communication with Computer Music Software
- Includes Large Selection of Ready-To-Play Sounds & Patterns
- Additional Sounds & Patterns Available for Download at Roland’s Axial Sound Library Site