The Yamaha MX-88 is a music synthesizer equipped with an 88-note Graded Hammer Action keyboard, a maximum polyphony of 128 notes, and Virtual Circuit Modeling. The MX-88 is ideal for the modern piano player who desires a realistic piano action and inspiring synth sound, as well as easy connectivity to computers and iOS devices.
Featuring Graded Hammer Standard (GHS) weighted action, the keyboard offers a heavier response in the low keys and a lighter response in the high keys, thereby providing a realistic acoustic piano touch and response. The Full Concert Grand piano in the MX88 comes directly from the MOTIF series. With a powerful focused low-end, highly detailed midrange and pristine high-end, the Full Concert Grand piano is perfect for any style of music in any environment.
The MX88 is a lightweight and portable music synthesizer with 88 full-sized, touch-sensitive keys and over 1,000 voices from the legendary MOTIF. An optimized touch curve provides the player with a high level of expression, realism and dynamic. The MOTIF Sound Engine is a powerful synthesizer technology with Voices consisting of up to eight Elements. These Elements can be layered for a thick, fat sound or zoned so a different Element plays in different parts of the keyboard.
FM Essential is a free 4-Operator FM synthesizer app for iOS, and connecting the MX88 Music Synthesizer (via an Apple Lightning to USB Camera Adapter – not included) unlocks 271 FM Voices from classic ‘80s to cutting-edge modern EDM. FM Essential also features built-in effects, EQ, drum phrases and a step sequencer for automating your control changes.
Virtual Circuitry Modeling re-creates the sound and behaviour of vintage effects and high-end studio signal processors by modelling the circuits down to the original analogue component level. 128 notes of polyphony ensure dropout-free performance playing live or with full 16-track sequences. The MX88 is USB audio and MIDI class-compliant. There is also a 16-channel MIDI interface built-in for using the MX88 as both a keyboard controller and tone generator.
The main features of the Yamaha MX-88 include:
- Keys: 88 (Initial Touch)
- Tone Generator: AWM2
- Max. Polyphony: 128-Notes
- Multi Timbral Capacity: 16 Parts (Internal)
- Wave: Approx.166 MB
- Presets: 1,106 Normal Voices + 61 Drum Kits
- GM: 128 Normal Voices + 1 Drum Kit
- User: 128 Normal Voices + 8 Drum Kits
- Effects: 9x Reverb, 17x Chorus, 48x Insertion Effects, 5-Band Master EQ
- Tempo (BPM): 5 – 300
- Demo Songs: 27
- Patterns: 208
- Arpeggios: 999
- Controllers: Pitch Bend Wheel, Modulation Wheel, 4x Assignable Knobs, Dial
- Display: 3-Digit LED + 20 x 2 line character LCD (Backlit)
- Connectors: Standard Phone Jack, Standard Stereo Phone Jack, Foot Controller, MIDI I/O, USB-To-Host, Aux In, DC In
- Power Supply: 9W
- Dimensions: 1320 x 405 x 168mm
- Weight: 13.9kg
- Accessories: AC Adaptor, Owner’s Manual, Cubase AI Download Information