The Yamaha PSR-S950 Arranger Workstation offers exceptional realism and sound quality whilst providing a host of professional features and functions that will fulfil even the most demanding musicians’ needs.
Yamaha have created the sounds, voices and styles within the PSR-S950 from recordings of countless professional musicians, and with the Super Articulation (SA) technology
within the workstation, every subtle nuance and dynamic expression can be heard without the need for expert control through complicated menus and technique; simply play
how you play and they will shine through in your performance.
As with the PSR-S750, the S950 also includes mega Voice Style Technology, adding a realism second to none in accompaniment styles such as bass and guitar fretboard slides
and vocal effects. The PSR-S950 includes over 400 built-in styles, recorded and programmed by professionals including real studio recorded drum tracks, percussion loops and
ensemble performances. Yamaha's time stretch technology allows you to adjust the tempo of your songs without having to change the pitch or effects of the accompaniments.
The PSR-S950 from Yamaha now offers advanced vocal features, which allow you to plug in a microphone and sing along with your performances or audio playbacks. There is
also a professional vocal harmony function which enables you to sing along with up to 3 background virtual harmonies. With vocal Harmony2, pitch recognition and stability
control results in a truly exceptional performance and all harmony tracks can be easily subject to effects and dynamics processing. The intuitive and easy to read display
make these features extremely simple to control and there are even 44 pre-set vocal harmony types such as male, female and sound effect voicing. The technologically
advanced Voice Cancel feature accurately suppresses or cancels the vocal parts from any audio file you load into the workstation, resulting in essentially "backing tracks"
to sing over. The improved LCD display of the PSRS950 has the ability to show lyrics, music notation and text, you can also hook up an external monitor to display this info on a larger
Yamaha's renowned DSP technology comes into play with the PSR-S950, including banks of effects and processing found on many of Yamaha's high-end studio gear. Distortion and
Amp simulation are just some of the effects that have been meticulously created based upon real life vintage circuitry within amps and pedals. The recording functionality
of the keyboard also benefits from this technology, with the ability to mix, balance and pan your live recording as an engineer would. You can record high-quality uncompressed
audio files in Wav format ready to be burned to disk or uploaded online to share with the world.
The Audio engine under the hood of the PSR-S950 is also capable of playing back popular file types, supporting both Wav and MP3 formats. You can even load your audio
files onto the units Audio Link Multi pads, and trigger loops, samples and backing tracks this way. Advanced features such as Time Stretch and Pitch correction allow
you to manipulate the audio tracks you load into the workstation to suit your needs in tempo and Key without any loss in quality or audibility.
The connectivity of the PSRS950 is truly astounding, featuring not only USB to Host and USB to device for connection to computers and flash drive support, but also
superior connectivity to your portable devices and tablets with the use of a Yamaha i-MX1 midi interface. Take advantage of the extensive expandability with Yamaha's Voice Style Expansion (VSE),
featuring new downloadable styles and voices from around the world. Yamaha have developed many apps for popular Apple products such as the iPad, iPhone and iPod, which
can be fully exploited with your PSR-S950 and the AUX input and midi in/out (with the i-MX1 interface.)
The Main Features of the Yamaha PSR-S950 Arranger Workstation Include:
- Keyboard: Number of Keys-61, Type-Organ, Touch Response-Hard 2, Hard 1, Medium, Soft 1, Soft 2
- Other Controllers: Pitch Bend, Modulation, Multi Pads - 126 banks x 4 Pads
- Display: Color LCD, Size - 5.7 inch
- Tone Generating Technology: AWM Stereo Sampling
- Number of Polyphony (Max.) - 128
- Number of Voices: 786 Voices + 33 Drum/SFX Kits + 480 XG Voices + GM2 + GS (for song playback)
- Featured Voices: 62 Super Articulation Voices, 23 Mega Voices, 27 Sweet! Voices, 64 Cool! Voices, 39 Live! Voices, 20 Organ Flutes!
- Expandability: Expansion Voice approx. 64 MB max. Editing: Voice Set - Right 1, Right 2, Left. Compatibility - XG, XF, GS, GM, GM2
- Effects:Reverb - 44 Presets + 3 User,Chorus - 106 Presets + 3 User, Master EQ -5 Presets + 2 User, Part EQ -28 Parts
- Mic Effects:Noise Gate x 1, Compressor x 1, 3Band EQ x 1
- Vocal Harmony: Number of Presets-44, Number of User Settings-10, Vocal Effects-23
- DSP: DSP 1: 295 Presets + 3 User, DSP 2-4: 295 Presets + 10 User
- Number of Preset Styles:408 (25 + Audio, 1 free Play, 350 Pro, 32 Session)
- Fingering:Single Finger, Fingered, Fingered On Bass, Multi Finger, AI Fingered, Full Keyboard, AI Full Keyboard
- Number of Preset Songs: 5, Capacity- Unlimited (depending on USB flash memory capacity)
- Number of Tracks: 16
- Data Capacity: approx. 300 KB/Song, Recording Function: Quick Recording, Multi Recording, Step Recording
- Overall Controls: Metronome, Tempo Range, Tap Tempo, Transpose, Tuning, Octave Button, Scale Type -9 Presets
- Extensive Learning and Tutorial functionality
- Storage: Internal Memory -approx. 6.7 MB, External Drives - USB Flash Memory, etc. (via USB to DEVICE), Internal Memory (for Expansion Pack) approx. 64 MB
- Connectivity:DC IN - 16V, Headphones, Optional Foot Pedals Switch or Volume x 2, Microphone, MIDI In/Out, AUX IN, Video Output, OUTPUT (R, L/L+R), USB TO DEVICE, USB TO HOST
- Amplifiers 15 W x 2, Speakers 13 cm + 2.5 cm Dome Tweeter(x 2)
- Included Accessories: AC Adaptor - PA-300C
- Dimensions: Width-1,002mm X Height-148 mm X Depth-437 mm. Weight: 11.5 kg