The AKG C1000 S MKIV is an updated version of the hugely popular C1000, dubbed by many as the ‘Swiss Army knife’ of microphones, thanks to its use in the studio and on stage on a variety of instrument types.
The AKG C1000 S MKIV is a small-diaphragm condenser microphone, lauded for its versatility, thanks to its ability to capture a sound that’s both accurate and high in quality. The C1000 S’s gold-sputtered capsule housing offers a rugged and road-ready construction, while the fact that it can be powered by a pair of standard AA batteries for when Phantom power isn’t available means that it can be used absolutely anywhere.
This updated version of the C1000 features a Bass Cut switch as well as a switchable -10dB pad, and the polar pattern can be changed from cardioid to hyper-cardioid. The microphone comes with a Presence Boost adapter, which provides three different frequency settings for use on a variety of sound sources.
The main features of the AKG C1000 S MKIV include:
- Update to the critically-acclaimed C1000
- Small-diaphragm condenser microphone
- Gold-sputtered microphone capsule
- Bass Cut switch and switchable -10dB pad
- Changeable polar pattern from cardioid to hyper-cardioid
- Presence Boost adapter for use on different sound sources
- Balanced XLR output
- Can be powered by two AA batteries or 48v Phantom power