The Audix DP5a 5-piece Drum Mic Package is a perfect compliment of microphones for a 5 piece drum kit. All mics perform equally well whether it be on a live stage or in the studio.
Included in the Audix DP5a Drum Mic Package is the D6, Audix's flagship kick drum mic, two- D2's for rack toms, one D4 for floor tom, and the i5 for snare.
Also included are four D-Vice rim mount clips for every mic except the D6 kick drum mic, which comes with a heavy duty tension fit mic clip. Everything is conveniently packaged in a foam-lined aluminum carrying case road case for safe keeping when the mics are not in use.
The Audix DP5a 5-piece Drum Mic Package Includes:
- 1 X D6 for kick drum: The D6 has a frequency response of 30Hz-15kHz and is characterized with a cardioid pick-up pattern. The D6 is designed to sound good in any position and it is not dependent on finding the "sweet spot" of the drum. The D6 capsule features the same legendary VLM technology that has made the D series percussion and instrument microphones very popular for today's live stages and recording studios.
- 1 X i5 for snare: The i5's cardioid polar pattern allows it to focus on the specific instrument that is being miked while rejecting other instruments or ambient noise on stage. With a smooth and uniform frequency response of 50 Hz-16 kHz and an ability to handle sound pressure levels in excess of 140 dB, the i5 can be used for a wide variety of applications and for all genres of music.
- 2 X D2s for toms: For bringing out the real, dynamic sound of your drum toms and congas, nothing beats the D2! The D2 accurately reproduces the warmth and punch you listen for from percussion, leaving out the muddy, indistinct "boom" that can mar recording. The D2's natural warmth also makes it a great mic for saxophones and other woodwinds requiring a true, sensitive, yet big, reproduction.
- 1 X D4 for floor tom: Make sure your sound's low-end has that propulsive kick! The D4 really puts that extra "oomph" in your kick drum, bass amp, and other low instruments thanks to its flat, linear response. Since this kit comes with the D6, Audix's premier kick drum mic, a good application for the D4 with this kit would be the floor tom.
- 4 X DVICE Gooseneck Clips
- All-in-one solution for miking drums
- Instrument-specific mics for optimal results
- Rugged Audix quality
- Great for stage and studio
- Dflex clips for easy positioning
- Road case
Audix DP-5a Packaged Set of 5 Drum Mics (code 19179)
The compact size, in conjunction with the newly designed D-vice gooseneck clip, allows for quick and easy set up and perfect mic placement.
£605.00 (inc vat)