The Beyerdynamic M 201 TG Hypercardioid Dynamic Directional Microphone
Introducing the Beyerdynamic M 201 TG hypercardioid dynamic directional microphone, a classic dynamic microphone for all instrumental applications. Developed especially for studio and outdoor applications, the m201 can suit a number of applications such as recording speech and vocals to instrumental recordings such as drums and strings.
The M201 is a truly sensitive microphone offering a reliable response. It is designed in a unique way to reduce handling noise, making it especially useful as an audience response microphone in TV studios and location production for vocals and sound effects. It incorporates a ‘hum-buck’ coil that rejects interference from mains powered devices such as video monitors. It is also often the chosen microphone for recording snare drums, hi-hats, rack toms and percussion because of its small size and uniform response.
A classic from the ‘workhorse stable’, the Beyerdynamic M 201 TG microphone offers superb reliability, undisputed clarity and performance.
The Beyerdynamic M 201 TG Hypercardioid Dynamic Directional Microphone Main Features:
- Hypercardioid polar pattern
- Clarity, neutrality, and superior intelligibility
- Rugged construction
- Integrated hum-buck coil
- Transducer type: Dynamic
- Operating principle: Pressure gradient
- Frequency response (distant miking): 40 - 18,000 Hz
- Polar pattern: Hypercardioid
- Side attenuation: > 20 dB at 120
- Open circuit voltage at 1 kHz (0dB = 1V/Pa): 1.2 mV/Pa ? -58 dBV
- Magnetic field suspension: > 18 dB at 50 Hz
- Nominal impedance: 200
- Diaphragm: Hostaphan
- Case/finish: Brass
- Connector: 3-pin XLR
- Length: 160 mm
- Shaft diameter: 24 mm
- Head diameter: 24 mm
- Weight without cable: 220 g