The DPA d:vote 4099C Clip Microphone for Cello is perfect for PA amplification and live recording, offering a sound that is considerably more natural than an internal microphone or pick-up as well as several excellent placement possibilities.
The DPA 4099C is a unique clip microphone meticulously designed and optimized for the violoncello. This is to ensure the best possible mount and audio reinforcement is achieved when performing live. The 4099C attaches to the C and A string below the bridge and allows for microphone capsule placement in the sweet spot between bridge and fingerboard, offering a unique combination of natural string sound and high audio separation on stage.
The DPA d:vote 4099C features supercardioid polar pattern for superior gain-before-feedback. Fully capable of handling the cello’s dynamic range and subtle details, this microphone live up to their pedigree with sound as accurate as DPA’s other world-class microphones.
Despite its tiny, discreet size and elegant, lightweight design, the 4099C is extremely rugged. The versatile gooseneck provides stable and repeatable positioning. The mics can be easily unclipped and repositioned or moved to another instrument, while the mounting system is designed never to mar or scratch the finish of your instrument nor changing the sonic character of it.
DPA d:vote 4099C Clip Microphone for Cello features:
- Natural sound and high isolation
- Superior gain-before-feedback
- Flexible and easy mounting
- Mount has no impact on acoustic sound
- Directional characteristics: Supercardioid
- Principle of operation: Pressure gradient
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency range: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Frequency range, ± 2 dB, 20 cm (7.9 in) distance: 80 Hz to 15 kHz with 2 dB soft boost at 10 to 12 kHz
- Sensitivity, nominal, ±3 dB: 6 mV/Pa; -44.5 dB re. 1 V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level A-weighted: Typ. 23 dB(A) re. 20 µPa (max. 26 dB(A))
- S/N ratio, re. 1 kHz at 1 Pa (94 dB SPL): 71 dB
- Total harmonic distortion (THD): <1 % up to 123 dB SPL peak; <1 % up to 120 dB SPL RMS sine
- Dynamic range: 100 dB
- Max. SPL, peak before clipping: 142 dB
- Output impedance: From MicroDot: 30 to 40 ohm, from DAD6001: 100 ohm
- Cable drive capability: 300 m (984 ft) with DAD6001
- Connector: MicroDot
- Color: Black
- Weight: 33 g (1.16 oz)
- Microphone length: 45 mm (1.8 in)
- Cable length: 1.8 m (6 ft)