The Neumann KM 183 Omnidirectional Mic Stereo Set - Based on the tremendously successful KM 184 cardioid microphone, which has become a standard within the global studio community in just a very short time.
The Neumann KM183 features a pressure transducer with a boost of approximately 7 dB at 10 kHz in the free field. In the diffuse sound field it has a flat frequency response. The KM 183 has the same transformerless circuitry as is used in the KM 100 system, resulting in excellent technical specifications.
The Neumann KM 183 is a good choice for all users who look for a high-quality miniature microphone, but do not need the complex, modular KM 100 system, which continues to be part of the Neumann product range.
The mechanical construction was simplified, for example, capsule and output stage cannot be separated from each other. For this reason the Neumann KM183 is an economical alternative without giving up the electroacoustic features the users expect from Neumann microphones.
The main features of the Neumann KM183 include:
- Set includes: 2 x Microphone KM 183, 2 x Stand mount swivel SG 21/17 mt, 2 x Windscreen WNS 100, Wooden box
- Acoustical operating principle: Pressure transducer
- Directional pattern: omnidirectional
- Frequency range: 20 Hz ... 20 kHz
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1 kohm: 12 mV/Pa
- Rated impedance: 50 ohms
- Rated load impedance: 1 kohms
- Equivalent noise level, CCIR1): 24 dB
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted1) 13 dB-A
- Signal-to-noise ratio, CCIR1) (rel. 94 dB SPL): 70dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted1) (rel. 94 dB SPL): 81dB
- Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%2): 140dB
- Maximum output voltage: 10 dBu
- Supply voltage (P48, IEC 61938): 48 V +/- 4 V
- Current consumption (P48, IEC 61938): 3.2 mA
- Matching connectors: XLR 3F
- Weight: approx. 80 g
- Diameter: 22 mm
- Length: 107 mm
Neumann KM 183 Pressure Gradient Transducer Microphone Stereo Set in Nickel (code 72704)
Set includes: 2 x Microphone KM 183 - Nickel, 2 x Stand Mounts, 2 x Windscreens, Wooden box
£979.00 (inc vat)