The sE Electronics sE2200a II is a continuation of the award-winning sE2200 condenser microphone series, this latest version now featuring a dual diaphragm for multi-pattern recording.
The sE2200a II uses the same hand-crafted, 1" gold sputtered diaphragm as the sE2200a, ensuring a smooth and musical result. A pair of these tried-and-tested transducers in the mk2 version allows for cardioid, figure-of-8 and omni patterns, opening up the door to many more recording applications, including stereo recording, m/s, ambient micing and voice-overs.
Finished in the now-customary sE black rubberised paint finish, the se2200a II not only looks stylish, but has reduced chassis resonance that can colour the sound adversely. The mic also features a pad switch for higher-level recording situations as well as the pick-up pattern selector. Initially, this microphone will include a shock-mount and pop screen that fits directly to the suspension mounting. Although this is only an introductory offer, after which the shock and pop will be available separately.
Check out our exclusive video overview of Se Electronics 2200a MKii below:
The main features of the sE Electronics sE2200a II include:
- Second generation of the award-winning sE2200 condenser Mic
- Cardioid, figure-of-8 and omni patterns
- Back-to-back 1" gold sputtered diaphragm
- Black rubberised paint finish
- Pad Switch
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20KHz
- Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1 k ohm: 20 mV/PA
- Directional Pattern: Cardioid, Omni, Figure-8
- Impedance: 200 Ohms
- Equivalent Noise Level: 16dBA
- Max SPL for THD 0.5% *: 135dB
- Supply Voltage: Phantom power 48V±4V
- Connector (Matching): XLR (XLR3F)
- Weight: 598g
- Diameter: 51mm
- Length: 215mm