The Shure Microflex Overhead Microphone MX202WP/C White, Cardioid mini-condenser microphone; includes cable and plate-mounted preamplifier. Compact and flexible overhead microphone captures sound from speakers, choirs, and stages unobtrusively from above.
The Shure Microflex Overhead Microphone, MX202WP/C (Cardioid), is part of the highly flexible Microflex range. It's hard to believe that such small, unobtrusive microphones can produce such great sound, but it's true. Available in black or white finishes, and with in line or plate mount preamps, the Microflex Overhead condenser microphones capture Shure quality sound in a compact, adjustable package. Each model features one of the three interchangeable condenser microphone cartridges (a cardioid cartridge is included with this MX202WP/C model) attached to a flexible, four inch gooseneck with a 30 foot cable. The preamp options available offer easy installation in ceilings or microphone stands, and when combined with the high sensitivity cartridge's wide frequency response, these microphones provide accurate sound reproduction with a minimum of RF interference or electromagnetic hum. The Microflex Overheads feature interchangeable cardioid, supercardioid and omnidirectional condenser cartridges that fit every model in the Microflex product line for enhanced convenience and consistent sound. Easily hung from ceilings, Microflex Overhead Microphones capture sound from speakers, choirs, stages, and more conveniently and unobtrusively from above.
This model is the MX202WP/C (Cardioid) White Mini-Condenser for Overhead Miking, 30-foot Cable, Plate-Mount Preamp.
The main features of the Shure Microflex Overhead Microphone include:
- Compact and flexible, overhead microphone, includes cardioid cartridge
- Capture sound from speakers, choirs, stages, more conveniently and unobtrusively from above
- Interchangeable condenser cartridges with superior audio quality
- Includes 30-foot Cable and Plate-Mount Preamp
- Type: Condenser (electret bias)
- Frequency Response 50 – 17,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: MX202/C: Cardioid
- Output Impedance: 150 Ohms rated at EIA (180 Ohms actual)
- Sensitivity (at 1 kHz , open circuit voltage;1 Pascal = 94 dB SPL): Cardioid: -35.0 dBV/Pa (17.8 mV)
- Maximum SPL (1 kHz at 1% THD, 1 kOhm load; All values +6 dB at 0 gain): Cardioid: 124.2 dB
- Equivalent Output Noise (A-weighted): Cardioid: 28.0 dB SPL
- Signal to Noise Ratio (referenced at 94 dB SPL): Cardioid: 66.0 dB
- Dynamic Range (1 kOhm load at 1 kHz): 96.2 dB, 100 dB at 0 gain (internal modification)
- Common Mode Rejection (10 Hz to 100 kHz): 45 dB minimum
- Preamplifier Output Clipping Level (1% THD): -6 dBV (0.5 V)
- Polarity: Positive sound pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3 of output connector
- Power Requirements: 11 – 52 Vdc phantom, 2.0 mA
- Environmental Requirements - Operating temperature range: -18° C – 57° C (0° F – 135° F), Relative humidity: 0 – 95%
Shure MX202WP/C Microflex Overhead Microphone (code 51389)
White Cardioid mini-condenser microphone; includes cable and plate-mounted preamplifier.
£203.00 (inc vat)