The Shure MX395AL/C Microflex Miniature Boundary Microphone, Cardioid, Aluminum with 3-pin XLR connector. A discreet and stylish boundary mic that delivers exceptional sound quality.
The Shure MX395AL/C Microflex Low Profile Boundary microphone is an ideal table microphone when minimal presence is of high priority. Perfect for meeting rooms, MX395 microphones deliver exceptional sound pickup whilst barely being noticed. This surface mount MX395AL/C model features a Cardioid polar pattern, an Aluminum finish and a 3-pin XLR connector. Microflex microphones include the highest standard of quality and efficiency for installed audio applications. All models offer Shure CommShield Technology, which guards against unwanted radio interference from consumer wireless devices such as cell phones and PDA’s.
The main features of the Shure MX395AL/C include:
- A discreet and stylish boundary mic that delivers exceptional sound quality
- Only 1.25 inch (3.8 cm) in diameter
- Wide dynamic range and smooth frequency response
- RF Filtering with CommShield technology
- Type: Condenser (electret bias)
- Frequency Response: 50 – 17,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern - MX395/O: Omnidirectional, MX395/C: Cardioid, MX395/BI: Bidirectional
- Output Impedance: EIA rated at 150 Ohms (170 Ohms actual)
- Output Configuration: Active balanced
- Sensitivity (at 1 kHz , open circuit voltage; 1 Pascal = 94 dB SPL) - Cardioid: -35 dBV/Pa (18 mV), Omnidirectional: -28 dBV/Pa (42 mV), Bidirectional: -37 dBV/Pa (14 mV)
- Maximum SPL (1 kHz at 1% THD, 1 kOhm load) - Cardioid: 121 dB, Omnidirectional: 114 dB, Bidirectional: 123 dB
- Equivalent Output Noise (A-weighted) - Cardioid: 28 dB SPL, Omnidirectional: 21 dB SPL, Bidirectional: 29 dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (referenced at 94 dB SPL at 1 kHz) - Cardioid: 66 dB, Omnidirectional: 73 dB, Bidirectional: 65 dB
- Dynamic Range (1 kOhm load at 1 kHz) - Cardioid: 93 dB, Omnidirectional: 93 dB, Bidirectional: 94 dB
- Common Mode Rejection: 45 dB minimum (10 Hz to 100 kHz)
- Preamplifier Output Clipping Level (1% THD): -8 dBV (0.4 V)
- Polarity - 3-pin XLR: Positive sound pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3 of output XLR connector. 5-pin XLR: Positive sound pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 4 relative to pin 2 of output XLR connector.
- Weight Net: 136 g (0.30 lb); Packaged: 374 g (0.825 lbs)
- Logic Connections - LED IN: Active low (= 1.0 V), TTL compatible. Absolute maximum voltage: -0.7 V to 50 V
- Environmental Conditions - Operating temperature: -18 – 57 °C (0 – 135 °F), Storage temperature: -29 – 74 °C (-20 – 165 °F), Relative humidity: 0 – 95%
- Power Requirements - MX395: 11 – 52 Vdc phantom, 2.0 mA, MX395-LED: 48 – 52 Vdc phantom, 8.0 mA