The Shure MX412/S Microflex 12" Gooseneck Microphone, Supercardioid. High quality and efficiency for installed audio applications.
The Shure MX412/S Microflex 12 inch Gooseneck Microphone is part of the highly flexible Microflex Gooseneck microphone range. Beyond their fully adjustable goosenecks lies a new level of flexibility in the Microflex interchangeable condenser microphone cartridge (a Supercardioid cartridge is included with this MX412/S model). Designed for easy replacement and available in cardioid, supercardioid and omnidirectional polar patterns, the interchangeable cartridges offer wide frequency response and accurate sound reproduction for a broad variety of applications, such as houses of worship, courtrooms and conference centers. Plus, the condenser cartridges fit every model in the Microflex product line for enhanced convenience and consistent sound.
Microflex Gooseneck microphones are available in four models with a variety of heights and mounting styles to choose from. One model includes a silent mute switch with LED indicator, a Shure Microflex exclusive. And every Microflex Gooseneck features high sensitivity and balanced, transformerless output for maximum immunity to electromagnetic hum and RF interference, even over long cable runs.
This model is the MX412/S (Supercardioid) 12-inch Gooseneck Condenser Microphone, Attached XLR Preamp, Shock Mount, Flange Mount, Snap-Fit Foam Windscreen.
The main features of the Shure MX412/S include:
- 12-inch Gooseneck Condenser Microphone with a Microflex Supercardioid interchangeable condenser microphone cartridge
- A wide variety of applications from the podium to the conference table
- Interchangeable condenser cartridges with superior audio quality
- Transformerless output for maximum immunity to electromagnetic hum and RF interference, even over long cable runs
- Includes complete installation kit - Shock Mount, Locking Flange Mount, Threaded Flange Mount (for MX412SE models) and Shock Mount Adapter (for MX412SE models)
- Optional accessories include locking metal and foam ball windscreens, snap-in and shock-mount microphone stand adapters
- Type: Condenser (electret bias)
- Frequency Response: 50 – 17,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern - MX412/C, MX418/C: Cardioid, MX412/S, MX418/S: Supercardioid, Omnidirectional cartridge available separately
- Output Impedance: EIA rated at 150 Ohms (170 Ohms actual)
- Sensitivity (at 1 kHz, open circuit voltage; 1 Pascal = 94 dB SPL) - Cardioid: -35 dBV/Pa (17.8 mV), Supercardioid: -33.5 dBV/Pa (21.1 mV), Omnidirectional: -27.5 (42.2 mV)
- Maximum SPL (1 kHz at 1% THD, 1 kOhm load) - Cardioid: 124.2 dB, Supercardioid: 122.7 dB, Omnidirectional: 116.7 dB
- Equivalent Output Noise (A-weighted) - Cardioid: 28 dB SPL, Supercardioid: 26.5 dB SPL, Omnidirectional: 20.5 dB SPL
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (referenced at 94 dB SPL at 1 kHz) - Cardioid: 66 dB, Supercardioid: 67.5 dB, Omnidirectional: 73.5 dB
- Dynamic Range (1 kOhm load at 1 kHz): 96.2 dB, 100 dB at 0 gain (internal modification)
- Common Mode Rejection: 45 dB minimum (10 Hz – 100 kHz)
- Preamplifier Output Clipping Level (1% THD): -6 dBV (0.5 V)
- Polarity: Positive sound pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3 of output XLR connector
- Cable - MX412D and MX418D: The 3 m (10 ft.) attached custom cable contains a shielded audio pair and three unshielded conductors for logic control
- Overall diameter = 4 mm (0.165 inch)
- Environmental Conditions - Operating temperature range: -18° – 57° C (0° – 135° F), Relative humidity: 0 – 95%
- Power Requirements: 11 – 52 Vdc phantom, 8.0 mA