Shure PGX24UK/BETA 87A Wireless Vocal System (Channel 38) - superior wireless technology, automatic set-up features and the legendary BETA 87A microphone. The system comprises of a PGX2/BETA 87A Handheld transmitter and a PGX4 diversity receiver. It is ideally suited for vocals and can be used by bands and presenters.
This system operates on channel 38, frequency bandwidth 606 - 614 MHz and will require a licence before transmission.
Simply press the channel button on the front of the receiver and it will perform a quick scan of the area and select a clear frequency to avoid any unwanted interference. Once this is done, sync up the receiver with your transmitter by pressing the sync button on the receiver and pointing the infrared port on the transmitter at the receiver.
A maximum of 8 musicians can use PGX Wireless systems in parallel. One wireless system consists of one handheld transmitter and one receiver.
The design goal of wireless microphone systems is that the user cannot differentiate between a wired or wireless mic. The PGX system uses our patented Audio Reference Companding which makes the system sound more like a wired microphone than ever before, with less noise and greater dynamic range than other wireless systems. No artifacts, lower noise floor and clearer sound at all levels.
Shure PGX24UK/BETA 87A Main Features:
- 92m operating range
- Multi-color LED indicating power, lockout, mute and low battery
- Frequency 606 - 614 MHz requires a licence before transmission
- The frequence Agile UHF design provides up to 90 selectable UHF frequencies that operate on an 18MHz UHF bandwidth
- More than eight hours of continuous use with two AA batteries
- Carrying case included in every system
- Diversity Reception system uses twin receiver circuits to minimise noise and drop out caused by RF interference
- Use up to 8 systems simultaneousy
- PGX4 has has XLR and unbalanced 1/4 inch jack audio outputs
- PGX2 includes mute switch and battery power warning lights - 8 hours battery life from 2 x AA 1.5v alkaline batteries
Shure PGX4 Receiver Main Features:
- Dimensions: 40 mm H x 181 mm W x 104 mm D (1.6 x 7.125 x 4.1 in.)
- Weight: 327 g (11.5 oz.)
- Housing: ABS
- Audio Output Level (ref. +/– 33 kHz deviation with 1 kHz tone)
- XLR connector (into 600 O load): –19 dBV
- 1/4 inch connector (into 3000 O load): –5 dBV
- Output Impedance: XLR connector: 200 O / 1/4 inch connector: 1kO
- XLR output (Impedance balanced): Pin 1: Ground (cable shield) / Pin 2: Audio / Pin 3: No Audio
- Sensitivity: –105 dBm for 12 dB SINAD, typical
- Image Rejection: >70 dB, typical
- Power Requirements: 12–18 Vdc at 150 mA, supplied by external power supply
Shure PGX2 Handheld Transmitter Main Features:
- Audio Input Level: +2 dBV maximum at –10dB position / –8 dBV maximum at 0dB position
- Gain Adjustment Range: 10dB
- RF Transmitter Output: 30 mW maximum (dependent on applicable country regulations)
- Dimensions including SM58 cartridge: 254 mm x 51 mm dia. (10 x 2 in.)
- Weight: 290 grams (10.2 oz.) without batteries
- Housing: Molded PC/ABS handle and battery cup
- Power Requirements: 2 “AA” size alkaline or rechargeable batteries
- Battery Life: >8 hours (alkaline)