The Shure Model WH20 is a rugged, light-weight, dynamic headset microphone that provides high-quality voice pickup. It fits securely for active microphone users, such as aerobics instructors and musicians, with low visibility for stage appearances. The WH20 is suitable for any voice communications application where comfort and reliability are required.
The WH20 has a cardioid (unidirectional) pickup pattern. This provides greater gain-before-feedback and isolation from ambient noise and other unwanted sound sources, such as air-conditioning, musical instruments and loudspeakers. A carefully shaped frequency response includes a voice-frequency presence peak and a low-frequency rolloff to compensate for the proximity effect inherent in cardioid microphones during close-talk operation.
An integrated elastic croakies headband secures the headset comfortably. The headband, wireframe, and gooseneck are adjustable to accommodate any head size or shape. The WH20 is supplied with a foam windscreen and clothing clip.
The WH20XLR has a three-pin male XLR connector with a convenient detachable belt clip.
- Lightweight wireframe and headband adjust for a secure, comfortable fit
- Extra-strong, small-diameter attached microphone cable resists breakage
- Collapsible microphone boom for easy storage and transportation
- Smooth, natural frequency response comparable to high-quality dynamic hand-held vocal microphones
- High input clipping level eliminates overload distortion
- Reliable at temperature and humidity extremes
- Supplied foam windscreen and clothing clip
- Type: Dynamic, Close-Talking
- Frequency Response (at 8 mm): 50 to 15,000 Hz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid (unidirectional) response, uniform with frequency, symmetrical about axis
- Impedance: Microphone rating impedance is 150 ohms (200 ohms actual)
- Output Level (close talked at 1,000 Hz) Open Circuit Voltage: 67.0 db/Pa (0.45 mV) (1 Pa = 94 dB SPL)
- Hum Sensitivity: 38.4 dB equivalent SPL in a 1 millioersted field
- Polarity: WH20XLR as a wired microphone: Positive sound pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3 of microphone output XLR connector
- Operating Temperatures: 18 degrees to 60 degrees C (0 degrees to 140 degrees F)
- Storage Temperatures: 29 degrees to 74 degrees C (20 degrees to 165 degrees F)
- Humidity: 0 to 95%
- Cable: Attached 1.22 m (4 ft), small-diameter, shielded, PVC-jacketed, two-conductor. WH20XLR: Three-pin XLR with detachable belt clip
- Construction: Black thermoplastic housing; stainless steel grille; black TEFLON-coated stainless steel wireframe; flexible plastic-clad monel gooseneck; rubber/nylon elastic headband
- Net Weight (including connector): WH20XLR: 98 g (3.5 oz)