The Telefunken R-F-T AK-47 MkII Condenser Microphone is part of the R-F-T line. With beautifully detailed reproduction and historic accuracy, the AK-47 MK2 is designed to be affordable, no compromise mic for home and small studios.
The RFT AK47 MkII amplifier features a new proprietary circuit designed around a NOS TELEFUNKEN EF-732 tube and a custom output transformer that is for all intents and purposes an exact replica of the classic BV8 transformer found in the historic U-47 and U-48 microphones.
The dual sided large diaphragm capsule undergoes rigorous testing in the laboratory prior to installation in the R-F-T AK-47 MkII, and again during final testing and burn-in of the microphone.
Sonically, the R-F-T AK-47 MkII is a remarkably hi-fidelity microphone with a "present" but not "harsh" character. With superior high frequency detail, a rich and thunderous low end, without the upper mid-range frequency bump, the AK47 Mark 2 has a delicate and intimate "air" that is usually found only in microphones three times the price.
The main features of the Telefunken RFT AK47 MkII includes:
- Type: Condenser Pressure Gradient
- Capsule: TK47 dual sided gold sputtered
- Frequency Range: 20Hz / 20kHz
- Polar Pattern: Omni, Cardioid, Figure 8 with 6 intermediate stages
- Sensitivity: 14MV/Pa = -37dB (0dB = 1v/Pa) -10bD
- Impedance: 200 ohms
- SPL: 125 dB
- Non Linear Distortion: (for 1% THD @ 1KHz) 132dB
- Equivalent Noise: 16 dB (a-weighted)
- Tube Type: EF732 Telefunken NOS
- Power: Dedicated Power Supply
- Weight: 27 oz (765g)
- Size: 9 1/2" (241mm) length x 1 3/4" (44.45mm) diameter
- Includes: Modern Power Supply, Shock Mount, Wooden Box Case