Introducing the Mackie Onyx 820i firewire recording mixer, designed to combine the benefits of a powerful firewire interface with the hands-on control and feel of a classic analogue mixer. For those who record with a digital audio workstation (DAW), the Mackie Onyx opens up a new world of recording options and possibilities. Having a ‘real’ mixer interface certainly has its benefits, not least because as it is simply an analogue mixer overdubs are much simpler – just plug in and play. It allows you to work more quickly and intuitively than before, using your hands to shape mixers rather than a mouse. The 820i is compatible with all major DAWs (including Pro Tools, Cubase, Logic, etc.).
The 820i has a large amount of analogue features that are sure to please those keen on obtaining a classic analogue sound. There are three Onyx microphonee preamps with which to create a classic boutique sound and Perkins EQ offers a Q filter and sweepable mid. There are also two aux sends with pre/post fader assignment allowing for different mixes to be made.
The powerful Firewire intergration aspect of the Onyx 820i mixer is one of the reasons why it is such a versatile analogue recorder. Despite having all the classic qualities of an analogue recorder, the Mackie also allows you to bypass the analogue aspects and be used as a plug-in-and-play recording interface for your digital audio workstation (DAW). You can route all your channels, auxs and master sounds to your Mac or PC DAW allowing you to use the effects supplied with your DAW instead of the Mackie analogue effects. With flexible routing and a talkback feature allowing you to communicate with a control room, the Mackie is capable of a number of roles in your studio setup. Robustly built and designed to be desktop friendly, the Mackie Onyx 820i offers the quality demanded by studio professionals at an affordable price.
The MACKIE ONYX 820I FIREWIRE RECORDING MIXER Main Features Include:
- 8 channels
- 3 Onyx mic preamps
- 8x2 FireWire
- Home, project or professional recording studio
- Recording your band’s rehearsals or live shows
- Mix a show and multi track record it simultaneously
- Mix and burn CD’s of the live show right at the gig
- Run sound and record your House of Worship services
- Podcasting has never been easier or better sounding
- Premium Recording Mixers with 24-bit/96kHz FireWire
- Qualified by Mackie for use with all major DAWs: Pro Tools® M-Powered™ 8, Logic®, SONAR™, Cubase®, Ableton® Live
- Perkins “British style” EQ on every channel
- Flexible FireWire routing, including aux sends and pre/post EQ assignment for all channels
- Stereo playback from DAW, returned to control room or into channel for integration into mix
- Please note, for Pro Tools compatibility a chargeable driver upgrade is required - see manufacturers website for details.
Mackie ONYX 820I (code 67610)
8-Channel Compact Recording Onyx i Pro Tools Qualified FireWire Mixer
£387.00 (inc vat)