NS Design EU-6 6-String Electric Upright Bass Guitar with Low B Tuning, Rock Maple And Graphite Fibre Body, Graphit Fingerboard, Polar Piezo And EMG Magnetic Pickups, Amber Stain.
The NS Design EU-6 double bass is made in the Czech Republic to the exact specifications of the original US Series instrument. The revolutionary design is molded with concentric laminations of graphite and rock maple that run the entire length of the instrument for maximum sonic integrity.
The back of the neck is curved inward to follow the arch of the graphite fingerboard, resulting in a slim, easy to play neck with full access to the upper register.
The Polar pickup system, with its ability to respond to lateral and vertical vibration separately or both at once, is uniquely suited to an instrument that is both bowed and plucked.
A fabulous bowed response and drum like pizzicato attack are characteristic of the lateral mode, while the sustained pizz. response of the vertical mode creates a new dimension for the upright bass.
Magnetic pickups by EMG add a smooth ~Selectric~T option to the sound pallet. With active EQ and full control of pickup selection, the sonic options are virtually unlimited.
The body and neck employ a unique laminating process combining 27 alternate thin layers of maple (for the feel and warmth of wood), and graphite fibers (for brilliance, consistent sustain, and stability) adhered in an epoxy matrix. The result: remarkable strength & tonal brilliance.
The back of the neck is curved inward to follow the arch of the fingerboard, creating a broad recess for the thumb that gives the neck a slim, fast feel for its entire length and ensures structural integrity from neck to body.
The EU Series Double Bass features the unique Polar bridge-mounted piezo pickup system, which can sense either lateral or vertical string vibration - or both!
Set in the lateral mode, the pickup has unparalleled sensitivity in the direction of the bow. In the vertical mode, plucked notes are remarkably even and sustained. The low-impedance EMG magnetic pickups incorporate individually adjustable coils and neodymium magnets.
Controls include volume, blend controls for the magnetic and piezo pickups and individual bass EQ & treble EQ controls.
The EU Series Double Bass, designed by Ned Steinberger, is in a class of its own, offering the bassist unparalleled performance and tonal quality.
NS Design EU-6 main features include:
- LENGTH: 132 cm (52")
- WIDTH: 15 cm (6")
- THICKNESS: 10 cm (4")
- WEIGHT: 4.8 kg (10.5 lbs.)
- SCALE LENGTH: 106 cm (41.73")
- STRINGS: B E A D G C
- CONSTRUCTION: Twenty-seven alternating layers of rock maple and graphite fiber laminated in an epoxy matrix.
- FINISH: Traditional amber stain with clear semi-gloss hand polished polymer coating.
- FINGERBOARD: Graphite; 5 cm (2 ") wide at nut; 9.3 cm (3.7 ") max. width.
- BRIDGE: Black phenolic; radius 7.9 cm (3.1"); string spacing 9.3 cm (3.66").
- NUT: Black phenolic; radius 6.1 cm (2.4"); string spacing 4.3 cm (1.68").
- BRIDGE PICKUP: Polar directional piezo pick-up system
- MAGNETIC PICKUP: Low impedance EMG magnetic pick-up system, with individually adjustable coils, neodymium magnets, and low-noise, hum-canceling pre-amp.
- ELECTRONICS: 18 volt active circuit by HAZ Laboratories. Mono output.