The Cerwin-Vega CVA-28 is a totally integrated, matched, and optimized active speaker system that provides powerful sound in a small, modular package.
The Cerwin-Vega CVA-28 features an innovative, 3 way, dual 8” design. The dual 8 configuration was chosen for optimized directivity and extremely clean, off axis response.
The custom designed Cerwin-Vega! drivers also provide superior power handling, tight bass and refined mid-range. Finally, a compression driver is placed in the center of the top woofer in a concentric configuration. This design provides time-aligned high frequencies for incredible detail and imaging.
Matched to this impressive transducer array is a 400 watt integrated 3-way amplifier. With 800 watts peak output, the amplifier includes a dedicated EQ contour switch optimized for high SPL situations.
A Sub/No Sub switch allows users to roll off the low end when used with a dedicated subwoofer, eliminating competing frequencies in the system. Connections include microphone, line, and instrument inputs through XLR and quarter inch connectors.
The Cerwin-Vega CVA-28 can be mounted or installed in a myriad of ways thanks to integrated fly points, flyware kits, pole mount, and dual and triple speaker mount accessories. With or without its ActiveSeries subwoofer partners, the CVA-28 is just the best sounding active full range speaker in its class.
Whether it’s hip hop, jazz, bluegrass or rock and roll, the CVA-28 provides the performance, power and flexibility you just can’t find elsewhere. If you’re looking for an upgradeable and accurately voiced speaker as part of your performance arsenal, the CVA-28 is the way to go.
Cerwin-Vega CVA-28 main features include:
- Dual 8-inch full range active speaker optimized for portability with incredible frequency response
- Built-in amplification designed to optimize performance
- Can be mounted or installedusing integrated fly points, flyware kits,pole mount, and dual and triple speaker mount accessories
- Rugged Hardwood Enclosure,road-ready cabinet that is easy to transport from gig to gig.
- Sub/No Sub switch allows users to roll off the low end with a dedicated subwoofer, eliminating competing frequencies.
- Continuous 400 watts, peak 800 watts.
- Frequency Range: 60 Hz - 20 Hz (-10 dB)
- Max SPL: 128 dB at 800 watts.
- Connectors: inputs XLR/F Balanced 1/4" TRS, outputs XLR/M 1/4“ TRS
- Controls: Level Line / Mic-D.I.No Sub with Sub Countour / OffPowerVoltage Selector
- Dimensions: Front 11” x 20” 279 x 520 mm Rear 8” x 12” 216 x 305 mm
- Weight: 48lb (21.8 kg)