The QSC GX5 550W PA Amplifier is ideal for professional entertainers who require maximum performance and portability on a limited budget.
The QSC GX5 features dramatic styling, easy hookup and adjustments, excellent audio quality and QSC reliability. The GX5 delivers just the right amount of power to the most popular speakers used by entertainers. Most loudspeaker manufacturers recommend an amplifier with power output equal to the speaker's "Program (Music) Power" rating or two times (2 x) the "Continuous (RMS) Power" rating.
The QSC GX5 uses a Class H system, based on key elements of the PLX Series, almost doubling power in the same size and weight. QSC design expertise allows the output devices to shift from low-power to high-power rails in less than a millionth of a second, ensuring that the output power is always right where it needs to be without excess loss.
QSC GX5 main features include:
- Power levels matched to the most popular speakers used by entertainers
- Optimized for maximum real-world headroom into 4 ohm and 8 ohm speaker systems
- Output 500W/Ch. at 8 Ohms or 700W/Ch. at 4 Ohms
- Inputs: XLR, 1/4" TRS and phono input connectors for compatibility with any source
- Outputs: Speakon combo accepts, 1/4" (TS) plugs or Speakon 2-pole and 4-pole plugs (connects 2 poles only). Binding posts support all other speaker wiring systems.
- Minimum depth chassis (10.1" / 257 mm) fits in compact, inexpensive effects racks
- Lightweight – less than 26 lbs (12.5 kg)
- Detented gain controls for precise setting and matching of sensitivity
- GuardRail automatically protects the amplifier and loudspeakers from damage due to temperature rise or overdrive without shutting down the show
- Front panel LEDs monitor Power, Signal and Clipping
- Subwoofer/Satellite crossover built-in
- Frequency Response 20 Hz - 20 kHz, +0, -1 dB
- Dynamic Headroom (4 ohms) 2 dB
- Input Impedance (ohms) Greater than 20k (balanced)
- Maximum Input Level +24 dB (16 Vrms)
- Input Connectors (each channel) 3-pin XLR and 1/4" TRS, balanced, parallel Phono, unbalanced
- Output Connectors (each channel) Speakon, 1/4", Binding Posts
- Amplifier and Load Protection Short circuit, open circuit, thermal, RF protection. Load protected against DC faults
- Front Panel Controls and Indicators: Gain controls, 21 detents Red Clip LEDs, proportional, 0.1% THD threshold, Green Signal LEDs, threshold -35 dB, Blue Power LED, AC on
- Rear Panel Controls Full Range / Crossover switch, 100 Hz, 3rd order LP (sub), 2nd order HP (top)
- Dimensions: Height: 3.5" (89 mm) 2RU, Width: 19" (483 mm), Depth: 10.1" (257 mm)
- Weight 12kg