At DV247 we have ambitious plans for the future. We are always keen to hear from talented individuals with a desire to succeed in a demanding music retail environment. If you have the mindset, capability and desire to join us, we would be delighted to hear from you. Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org .
DTP / Graphic Designer
We have an opportunity for a desktop publisher / graphic designer.
You will be working on web publishing, adverts, brochures, catalogues and newsletters
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Graphic design formal qualifications (Minimum Diploma standard) or relevant industry professional experience
- Graphic design experience essential
- Experience of Catalogue production, preferably education industry or music industry based
- Experience of print processes and technical creative requirements
- Working knowledge of Design to Print (DTP) processes and business computing applications including; In-Design and Photoshop
- Effective communication, team working and collaborative skills
- Knowledge of musical instruments and equipment
Please send your CV and work example (jpeg or pdf file size no bigger than 10MB) to email@example.com.
E-commerce Web Developer (ASP.NET, MVC, C#, SQL Server)
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced ASP.NET developer to join our small, dedicated team based in Romford, Essex.
You will be working on a number of e-commerce projects and will have the opportunity to develop your skills and experience, including both development and application support involvement.
You will ideally be educated to degree standard, achieving a good grade (preferably with a computer science or software engineering or equivalent degree) and possess full software project life cycle experience with a proven development background in the skills listed.
You will also need a passion for the web, a strong work ethic, and a proven track record for delivering projects.
- ASP.NET with C# essential, preferably at least 3 years’ experience. (.NET 4.0. MVC 5 with Web Forms ‘hybrid’ applications) or alternatively a high calibre recent graduate with .NET knowledge
- Web Services, consuming and creating. (examples can be WSE, WCF or ASP.NET Web API)
- Object Oriented practices
- Commercial e-commerce experience of high transactional systems
- Good English and documentation skills
- Structured organised programmer with full software lifecycle experience
- SQL Server 2014/2012 experience (T-SQL, SSDT-BI, performance tuning)
- Source code version control (examples can be SVN or Git) branching and merging
- Unit Testing (examples can be MSTest or NUnit)
- Refactoring, restructuring, optimisation, and code profiling
Highly Desirable Skills
- Standards compliant, cross-browser, accessible HTML 5/XHTML and CSS 2 (and some CSS 3)
- ASP.NET MVC
- ORM Frameworks (examples can be NHibernate or Entity Framework)
- Application support, fault finding and bug fixing.
- Continuous Integration
- Knowledge of agile/XP practices
- Basic experience with IIS
Sorry, no agencies
Sales Position for a Lighting Expert / Stage Technician, Romford
We have an opening for a fulltime salesperson in our new lighting, stage equipment, PA and DJ department. The role involves giving pre-sales and post-sales advice to retail and education customers in store, over the phone and by email; including what equipment will suit their needs and budget, the availability of non-stock items, and proposing solutions to a given requirement.
In particular, we are looking for someone with excellent knowledge of lighting equipment, DMX-controllers, programming of complex lighting solutions.
Experience in stage building (construction calculation and safety)
Good knowledge of PA and DJ equipment is also required.
Other requirements include:
- A courteous, patient and friendly manner - even under pressure.
- Good English skills, both written and spoken, with good grammar.
- Good computer skills.
- Hours 10am - 6pm.
- Saturday working required.
If you can see yourself enjoying helping people with their stage and event equipment then please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.