All items returned to DV247 must have a returns authorisation. Any goods sent back without firstly obtaining a returns authorisation could be subject to significant delay.
To obtain a returns authorisation:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavour to reply within 3 working days, between 8:30 – 17:30 Monday to Friday (except public holidays). Emails sent over the weekend will be answered during the following week..
Please Include the following details:
- Order Number
- Serial Number (if the unit is faulty)
- A detailed fault description - this will speed up the process in the event of an item requiring repair or replacement
Requests without this information will take longer to process and will result in delays to refunds, replacements or repairs.
Goods should be returned and re-packed in the original packaging as received complete 'AS SOLD' and in 'AS NEW' condition (for example, if the packaging has been opened to examine the product/s you must have done so without damaging the packaging or the product/s in any way).. The condition of the goods will remain the customer's responsibility until goods have been booked in and assessed by DV247.
Any return labels should not be placed directly on the item packaging. Please wrap any items to be returned in a protective layer and place any labels on this outer packaging.
- Copyrighted goods (all software, media and sample CDs) where the packaging has been unsealed and/or the product has been registered unless the product is faulty
- Products that we have made to your specification or customised specifically for you
- Contact products for Health and Safety reasons to products such as microphones, headphones, earphones, in-ear monitoring devices and brass and woodwind mouthpieces that have been used or where the hygienic seal has been removed or broken
CANCELLATION AND RETURNS POLICY
- 1 All goods and services are sold in accordance with The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 (SI 2000 No.2334). This regulation essentially ensures that the consumer is given clear information about the goods and services the supplier is offering, is provided with an order confirmation via email and has a cancellation period of 30 days from the day after the date of delivery - during which time the consumer may cancel the contract by notifying the supplier of their request to cancel either in writing or by email.
- 2 If you wish to cancel your order during the cancellation period set out in clause 1, please notify us in writing by letter, fax or by email. A telephone call is not sufficient unless both you and DV247 agree otherwise.
- 3 Once you have notified us that you wish to cancel the contract with the cancellation period, either before or after you have received the goods, you should return the goods to us within a reasonable time period and take reasonable care in doing so. The risk and cost of returning the goods to us shall be borne by you unless you have notified us that the goods are faulty and the fault is verified by us. If you fail to return the goods to us, you must make them available for collection upon notification from us that we intend to collect the goods.
- 4 Upon cancellation of the contract we will credit your account with a full refund of the money paid to us, including the cost of delivery of the goods to you, as soon as possible and in any event not later than 30 days after receipt of the notice of cancellation. If you do not return the goods or do not pay the costs of delivery to us, we shall be entitled to deduct the direct cost of recovering the goods from the amount of the refund.
- 5 Goods should be returned and re-packed in the original packaging as received complete 'AS SOLD' and in 'AS NEW' condition (for example, if the packaging has been opened to examine the product/s you must have done so without damaging the packaging or the product/s in any way).
- 6 You have a duty to take reasonable care of the products while in your possession and during the cancellation period to maintain them in the condition in which they were supplied by us. If goods are damaged or your use of the goods has gone beyond your right to reasonably inspect and assess the goods, DV247 reserves the right to seek recompense.
- 7 The rights to return the goods to us as referred to in clause 3 will not apply in the following circumstances: -
- 7.1 in the case of copyrighted goods (all software, media and sample CDs) where the packaging has been unsealed and/or the product has been registered.
- 7.2 for Health and Safety reasons to products such as microphones, headphones, earphones, in-ear monitoring devices and brass and woodwind mouthpieces that have been used or where the hygienic seal has been removed or broken and
- 7.3 to any products that we have made to your specification or customised specifically for you
- 7.4 Any goods that have been registered will be considered as personalised and non-returnable. If you are able to supply written evidence from the manufacturer, or their website, that the product has been de-registered, or you have not registered the product, then we will accept the return. We retain the right to reject the return of registered equipment within 6 months and you will be responsible for repaying the full amount.
- 8 If a fault should occur with your product outside the cancellation period and within the 12 month manufacturers' warranty period, you may wish to take your product to any manufacturer’s authorised repair centre (with a copy of your online receipt from us) or you may wish to return the product/s to our returns department, with a copy of your online receipt and a full written description of the fault. Our returns department can send your faulty product/s to the manufacturer or authorised service centre on your behalf. If the product is found to be faulty we will repair it free of charge and return the product/s to you. If we or the manufacturer are unable to repair your product within a reasonable period of time then we can offer you the choice of a full refund or to supply you an alternative product equivalent
- 9 DV247 THREE YEAR GUARANTEE (3 years on new products purchased on or after 01/11/2013. 4 years for new products that were purchased between 01/11/2009 and 31/10/2013.)
- 9.1 In addition to the manufacturer’s standard warranty period, we guarantee that all products (exceptions listed below) will be free from manufacturing defects for three years from the date of purchase.
- 9.2 Subject to clause 9.3 below, defective products (exceptions listed below) will be repaired free of charge or, at our option, replaced by a fully functional equivalent (in some cases a later version), If no equivalent product is available we‘ll discuss an alternative settlement with you, providing that the products are returned to us, delivery paid and suitably packaged within a three year period, together with a copy of the original sales invoice. Products and product parts which have been replaced by us become the property of DV247.
- 9.3 All products (exceptions listed below) are guaranteed for this three year period provided that:
- 9.3.1 the products have not been subject to abuse, mishandling, used beyond the limits specified by the manufacturer or DV247 in either written or verbal form, or subject to damage or loss from ordinary use;
- 9.3.2 the items are not designed for short term usage or have a natural short life span;
- 9.3.3 you have complied with the instructions contained in the manual and any technical instructions for use of the products including those relating to adequate maintenance and care;
- 9.3.4 the products are not powered with an unsuitable power supply, power source or battery or subject to adverse environmental conditions and
- 9.3.5 the product has not been altered by you and any fault in the product has not been caused by use of accessories and/or supplementary or replacement parts which were not original components of the product.
- 9.4 For the avoidance of doubt, any repair or replacement of a defective product within the three year period will not renew or prolong your guarantee beyond that period.
- 9.5 In the event that you delay in notifying us of the defect in the product and additional damage is caused by that delay, we reserve the right to reduce our liability accordingly.
- 10 The following products are not covered by the 3 year warranty
- 10.1 All products manufactured by Apple.
- 11 The provisions of clause 7, 8 and 9 do not affect your statutory rights.
- 12 Your guarantee is not transferable with ownership, so if you give or sell the item to someone during the guarantee period, it will not be covered.
- 13 What’s not included?
There are some specific exclusions from our guarantees, as follows:
- Repair costs caused by external factors such as computer viruses, faulty software, fire, theft, and weather (including lightning damage).
- Accidental damage, for example if your item has been dropped. You may find that this type of damage is covered by your household contents insurance policy.
- Consumables such as guitar strings, tubes, storage media, fuses, light bulbs etc.
- Data loss.
- Cosmetic items such as scratches, dents, corrosion or colour where the function of the product is unaffected.
- Any loss suffered as a result of not being able to use the product, or any loss over and above the purchase price of the original item.
- Servicing, inspecting or cleaning of the product; and failure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions and/or installation guidelines.
- Deliberate damage or neglect of the product.
- 14 A handling charge of £30 will be charged by the Company where it is established that the reason for return of the goods was not subject to these Conditions or through any error on the part of the Company. (this is to cater for no fault found charges or non-warranty repairs).