The Alesis MONITOR ONE ACTIVE MK2 (Pair) Bi-Amplified Studio Reference Monitors. Great accuracy and detailed response in a powered system that's truly affordable.
The Alesis MONITOR ONE ACTIVE MK2 (Pair) Biamplified Reference Monitors offer the incredibly accurate response that perfectly translates to every playback system. Each monitors internal active crossover and custom-designed dual amplifiers ensure an extremely consistent performance under a variety of different studio conditions and program material. The result is a broad, extremely flat frequency response, clear imaging with a wide sweet spot, high power handling and detailed high- and mid-frequency response that only a professional powered monitor can deliver.
The Alesis M1 ACTIVE MKII woofer and tweeter were specifically designed for the most linear, low distortion response in powered monitoring applications. Its 6.5 inch woofer cone is formulated from non-woven carbon fiber. It's a material that has been used for the skins of combat aircraft wings, since it offers high tensile strength and low weight. In fact, carbon fiber is 25% lighter than polypropylene (the most common driver material) and hence provides quicker transient response in the low frequency range for superb bass response as well as a vast improvement in the detail of critical upper-mid frequencies.
The Alesis M1 ACTIVE MK II 1 inch tweeter dome is made of pure silk, which offers a natural response that aids in preventing ear fatigue during long mix sessions. It also features an internal pole piece mounted phasing plug and is ferrofluid cooled to maintain the best balance of transient response to power handling. Two audiophile-quality amplifiers-a 75 watt woofer amp and a 25 watt tweeter amp-were developed for the M1 Active MkII, along with 8th order high- and low-pass electronic crossover filters. The crossover point was carefully chosen at a low 1500Hz, and produces an extremely wide dispersion zone as well as low midrange coloration.
Also, the special time alignment circuitry that's been added to the tweeter section of this crossover allows the output of frequencies from the high and low drivers to occur in perfect synchronization, avoiding the time smear that's typical in less advanced powered speakers. In developing the M1 Active Mk II, the Alesis engineering team discovered that dual font-mounted ports provided the fastest, most coherent and extended low frequency augmentation. Also, the unique offset design of the high frequency driver allows for the flattest frequency and power response in a speaker that offers such wide dispersion.
The M1 Active MkII has an attractive mirror-imaged, charcoal- toned cabinet and magnetically-shielded drivers that allow placement in close proximity with computer or video monitors, and offers the added benefit of blending beautifully into your studio's decor without being obtrusive. They may be mounted in either a horizontal or vertical placement to best fit your studio's requirements.
The main features of the Alesis MONITOR ONE ACTIVE MK2 (Pair) include:
- Great accuracy and detailed response in a powered system that's truly affordable
- Low Frequency Driver: 6.5 inch non-woven carbon fiber with Santoprene surround and dual magnet shielded configuration
- High Frequency Driver: 1 inch silk dome with medium viscosity ferrofluid coolant and dual magnet shielded configuration
- Crossover: 1500Hz, 8th-order, 48dB/octave filters
- Input Impedance: 20k balanced, 10k unbalanced
- LF Filter: 2nd order, "optimal Q" high pass, +1dB boost 50Hz
- LF Amplifier: 75 watts, 8_ load
- LF Amp Distortion:less than 0.03% thd 30w lf amp slew rate:<>19V/sec
- LF Amp S/N Ratio: >110dB, ref. 60W 8_A-wtg., 1kHz
- HF Amplifier: 25 watts, 4 ohms load
- HF Amp Distortion:less than 0.06% thd rated power, if amp slew rate less than 9V/sec
- HF Amp S/N Ratio: >112dB rated output
- Frequency Range: 38 Hz - 23.5 kHz (-10dB point)
- Connectors: Combination XLR-1/4 inch jack with input level control
- Dimensions: (WxHxD) 8.5x15x9.75 inches (381 x 216 x 248mm)
- Weight: 19.5 lbs. (8.9kg) each
- Price displayed is for a boxed pair of Alesis MONITOR ONE ACTIVE MK2 monitors