The Allen & Heath ICE-16 is a 16 channel standalone rack mount solid state multitrack recorder and also a hybrid USB / firewire audio interface for MAC or PC.
The ICE-16 takes the headache out of multitrack recording of live performances. Designed to be easy to operate, the ICE-16 can record up to 16 channels of audio directly to an attached USB flash or hard drive. A front USB port allows for quick and easy capture to WAV format files, with a single 32gb memory stick able to record up to 6 hours/16 tracks of material.
16 line level inputs and outputs allow for flexible system integration and various applications. Rehearsals can be recorded and played back immediately straight from the USB drive, live gigs can be recorded for subsequent mixdown, or board room meetings can be recorded and stored conveniently, LED metering gives indication of present and peaking signals, while a dedicated mono headphone bus, and familiar transport controls make standalone operation hassle-free.
As well as being a solid state recorder, the ICE-16 can also be used as a Firewire or USB 2.0 audio interface for your MAC or PC simply by removing any present USB drive. All 16 input and output channels can be streamed in real time under WDM/ASIO and USB2.0 class compliance drivers, interfacing seamlessly with any existing studio setup. Multiple units can be daisy-chained for higher i/o counts, natively using firewire, and with the use of a dedicated sync connection when recording over USB.
The main features of the Allen & Heath ICE-16 Multitrack Recorder & Audio Interface include:
- 16 analogue Inputs, 16 analogue Outputs
- Front USB socket for quick capturing to USB mass storage devices
- Hybrid FireWire (IEE1394) / USB2 .0 16x16 audio interface
- Industry standard wav file format
- Up to 6 hours of 16 channel audio on a 32GB USB stick
- Signal Present and Peak LED metering on each channel
- Mono headphone bus for Input or Output monitoring
- Daisy chain multiple units
- Familiar Transport buttons and intuitive controls