Spider is a high-quality eight 8-channel mic-pre amplifier/mixer with two types of digital outputs: stereo and eight (8) channel. The stereo output is for recording engineers who do live stereo or multi-channel recording and want a very flexible audio path. The 8 channel output allows the system to function as an analog front end for DAW's, digital mixers, and modular digital recorders.
In addition, the stereo bus can be assigned to digital channels 7 and 8. This allows a stereo mix of 6 channels to be assigned to digital outs 7 and 8 and leaves 2 channels independent. (eg. drums; kick, snare, and stereo left to right.)
Both the discrete class A pre- amp and the convertor modules are of a very high quality, low noise design. The maximum analog level at the insert points is +25 dBm. The digital modules include a DSP process to provide tape emulation.
- 6 to 66 DB input preamp gain in 6 DB steps
- Channel level control
- Pan control for the stereo output bus
- Phantom power switch
- Line - Mic switch
- Phase switch
- Low cut filter
- Stereo bus assignment switch
- Fat amp switch for a fat sounding audio path
- 16 segment meter peaking reading 0=clipping referenced to the A/D convertor
- Clip light on the pre-amp section
- Peak limiter for the A/D convertor. LED indicator showing limit action
- Channel insert point may be used as a pre-amp output
- Sample rate to 96KHz
- WC input and output
- Stereo bus can be assignable to outputs 7 and 8
- Switch selectable Analog Dither control, 15 to 24 bits
- DSP analog tape emulation, adjustable by channel. The level is indicated by the LED's around the process knob. The level is changed by selecting the channel and turning the process knob.
- Digital output as AES, and ADAT Optical, or TDIF
Cranesong SPIDER Preamp / Mixer (code 19913)
8-channel mic-pre amplifier/mixer with two types of digital outputs. Discrete class A pre- amp and the convertor modules.
£6,345.00 (inc vat)