Save £465 with this limited offer, this pair of Dynaudio BM12a active analog monitors ships with a free BMC-2!
The Dynaudio BM 12 A - Pair are two-way active analog monitors with an 8” woofer and 1.1” soft dome tweeter featuring proprietary Dynaudio Acoustics neodymium driver technology.
The Dynaudio BM 12 A includes switchable EQ contour filters for optimizing speaker placement, as well as high-pass filters for use with subwoofers.
The TC Electronic BMC-2 Digital Audio Converter and Monitor Controller is a dedicated Digital-to-Analog Converter and high quality ‘hands-on’ Monitor Control, whatever your audio production or monitoring set-up is digital or analog.
The TC Electronic BMC2 Digital Audio Converter and Monitor Controller can be operated without a Mac or PC, offering you instant and practical control of sound levels. As well as controlling the listening level, BMC-2 allows you to switch between three digital input sources – S/PDIF, AES3, TOS and ADAT, and confirm if those inputs are synchronous or not.
The TC Electronic BMC-2 drives one set of analog speakers, one set of digital speakers and a set of headphones. Calibrated listening is available with both sets of speakers and the headphone output. BMC-2 also puts user-definable reference levels at your fingertips. You simply hit the front panel-mounted REF button and BMC-2 will attenuate the output to a user-defined sound pressure level, so reference level monitoring is always just a single button-press away.
The TC Electronic BMC2 precision re-clocks all inputs, and features high performance jitter rejection based on patented JET technology that was originally developed for our flagship System 6000. All the benefits of optical interfacing without the problems – asymmetries are corrected and jitter is completely removed from the equation. Analog output offers wide dynamic range on XLR connectors. Peak level metering and Integrity Check – or ‘iCheck’ – is also available on the selected input. iCheck reveals if the signal is spatially compromised, e.g. because of data reduction, such as MP3 or AAC encoded at too low a bit rate.
Dynaudio BM 12 A main features include:
- Two-way full analog active nearfield monitor
- Neodymium 8” woofer (Includes Basket)
- Neodymium soft dome tweeter
- Integrated positioning filters (LF/MF/HF shelving/notch)
- 60/80Hz high-pass filter for subwoofer adaptation
- Balanced analog XLR input
- 50W/100W tweeter/woofer amplifier
- Input sensitivity switch (-10/+4dB range)
- Clip indicator LED
- Slow attack optical HF protection
- Thermal amplifier protection
- Frequency Response (+/- 3 dB) 38 Hz - 21 kHz
- Max SPL 1m, pair (IEC Short Term) 123 dB RMS
- Amplifier power Tweeter: 50 W / Woofer: 100 W
- Resonance Frequency 40 Hz
- Crossover Frequencies 1500 Hz
- Crossover Slope 6 dB/oct
- Tweeter: Esotec 28 mm/1.1” soft dome, rear chamber, Neodymium Magnetic. 4 mm die-cast alu front, Pure alu wire voice coil
- Woofer: 200 mm/8” Neodymium, One-piece molded poly-prop cone, 75 mm/3” kapton voice coil
- Weight: 12.1 kg / 26.6 lbs
- Dimensions: (W x H x D) 234 x 370 x 327 mm / 9.2” x 14.6” x 12.9”
The TC Electronic BMC-2 Digital Audio Converter and Monitor Controller Main Features Include:
- Inputs: Connect the inputs you wish to use. The S/PDIF input also handles AES3 and AES3-id format. Simply press one of the three INPUT SELECT keys to select the input you wish to listen to.
- Outputs: Analog speakers connect to the XLRs, digital speakers to the S/PDIF output. The S/PDIF output is really an AES 3-id output, so can drive AES inputs, even over long cable runs.
- Level Control: The big level knob controls the level to the speakers unless REF is active. The knob produces transparent gain settings with 0.0dB at the 3 o’clock position.
- Reference levels: Press the REF key to activate calibrated listening on both sets of speakers as well as on headphones
- iCheck: Data reduced audio is not the same as ‘CD quality’. BMC-2 provides a shortcut for revealing artifacts of data reduction. At bit-rates lower than 256kbps for stereo, the spatial imaging is often compromised, which may be easily exposed by listening to the components of the image in isolation.
Dynaudio BM 12A Active Monitors & BMC-2 (code 98318)
Limited Offer Including a Pair of BM12A 2-Way Active Studio Monitors & a FREE BMC-2 Monitor Controller [UXB]
£1,510.00 (inc vat)