The Korg Kaoss Pad 3 has powerful sampling tools and performance effects at your fingertip.
KAOSS technology has been embraced by DJs, musicians and producers alike. No other interface is as intuitive, immediate or just plain fun to use. By simply touching, tapping or sliding your finger over the touchpad, the KP3 allows you to control multiple effects parameters and manipulate samples in real time. On stage or in the studio, these gestures and moves can become powerful and expressive performance elements. More than a processor, the KP3 is a complete instrument allowing you to manage, recall, and play back samples; sample on the fly; and add dynamic processing to any audio signal or to the samples themselves.
The KP3 comes equipped with 128 great-sounding effect programs. Delays, flangers etc and fresh, exciting effects such as a grain shifter, decimator, a vintage analog style filter with a tone-bending drive circuit, and expanded EQs that are controlled directly from the pad. There are also drum grooves and even RADIAS-inspired vocoder and synthesizer sounds that can be played free-form on the X/Y pad.
As you move your finger across the touchpad and find that "sweet spot", pressing the Hold button will lock the settings, so you can take your hand away to do other things. The LED grid on the touchpad will show the held location, so you can pick up where you left off without any "jumps". Better yet, Pad Motion can memorize and repeat a fluid or complex gesture played on the pad. Once again, the new pad lighting system enhancements can actually display the Pad Motion pattern as it plays.
Four Sample Bank buttons on the front panel allow you to create, play and save both looped and one-shot samples on the fly. All samples are recorded using high resolution 24-bit converters, and are stored in16-bit/48 kHz format. Samples can be saved on a Secure Digital (SD) card or transferred to computer via USB. With both mic and line inputs, the KP3 allows you to sample from a wide variety of sources.
The main features of the Korg Kaoss Pad 3 include:
- 128 Programs: Program Categories: Filter (16 types), EQ (2 types), Modulation (12 types), Compressor (2 types), LFO (25 types), Delay (16 types), Reverb (6 types), Grain Shifter (5 types), Looper (13 types), Sample Effect (7 types), Sample Bank Crossfade (4 types), Drums (6 types), Synthesizer (10 types), Vocoder (4 types)
- Sampler: Sample Memory: 100 samples (maximum)
- Sampling: 16 bit, 48 kHz
- Convertors: 24-bit A/D, D/A
- Inputs: Mic (1/4") with trim knob Line In L,R (RCA)
- Outputs: Headphone (1/4" Stereo) with volume Line Out L,R (RCA)
- USB: Type B
- MIDI: IN/OUT
- Data Storage: SD Card
- Power Supply: DC 12V; 700mA
- Dimensions: 8.27" x 8.9" x 1.93" (W x D x H)
- Weight: 2.87 lbs
- Accessories: CD-ROM (Editor/Librarian) Power supply Touchpad protective sheet