The Mad Professor Sky Blue Overdrive Guitar Effects Pedal is a very unique four knob pedal designed to overdrive already distorted amplifiers as well as provide light overdrive or soft distortion on clean sounds.
The Mad Professor Sky Blue Overdrive Pedal allows you to adjust the feel and dynamics with Texture and Z knobs. The Texture allows changing how and when circuit distorts as well as adjusting overall EQ.
The Z is a control that creates an adjustable load to the instrument connected to the SBOD input. With standard passive pickup loaded guitars dialing this control will adjust the upper resonant peak of the pickups. It also affects the taper of the volumecontrol on the guitar, adjusting how the tone cleans up when using the guitar volume knob.
The Mad Professor Sky Blue Overdrive Pedal Main Features Include:
- VOLUME: sets the output volume of the effect
- DISTORT.: controls the distortion or overdrive effect
- Z: is a control that creates an adjustable load to the instrument connected to the SBOD input. With standard guitars dialing this control will adjust the upper resonant peak of the pickups and also affect the taper of the volumecontrol on the guitar for easy setting of clean to distorted just from the volume control of guitar. This effect is masked if SBOD is driven by a buffered output such as from another guitar pedal or from active pickups
- TEXTURE: allows changing how and when the circuit distorts as well as adjusting overall EQ. Dialing this control appears to adjust midrange, while it gives this impression from adjusting compression. Turning CCW gives more saturated effect that is easily distorted, turning CW gives a slight treble boost and less compression
(compression is used here to describe density of distortion since overall sound may be distorted throughout the dial)
- Supply voltage range: 7,5 to 18VDC
- Current consumption at 9VDC: 5 mA
- Input inpedance: 227K TO 10kOhm's (adjustable with the Z-control)
- Output impedance: 251K Ohm's
- Complete bypass (true bypass)