Presonus TubePre V2 is a professional tube preamp incorporating a dual-servo gain stage that allows you to boost your program signal without increasing the background noise. The TubePre V2 utilizes discrete components and high-voltage operation for unmatched dynamic range and detail in its class.
The TubePre V2 provides a wide palette of sonic options using the XMAX Class A solid-state preamp, followed in the signal path by a 12AX7 vacuum-tube stage. The Drive Saturation control adds the color and warmth provided by the hand-selected 12AX7 vacuum tube - from gentle warmth to total fuzz.
On ther rear of the rugged case you'll find separate unbalanced, 1/4in instrument and balanced, XLR mic inputs and unbalanced 1/4in and balanced XLR line outputs. Other pro features include a high-pass filter, phantom power for condenser mics, polarity reverse switch and a backlit VU meter.
With its separate instrument and mic inputs, The TubePre V2 also serves as a dynamite direct box (DI) for guitars and basses. Small enough to carry in a gig bag, but you also can screw-mount it to a standard rack tray.
Presonus TubePre V2 main features include:
- XMAX Class A preamp input stage
- 12AX7 dual-servo vacuum tube output stage
- Input Gain control
- 48V phantom power
- 80 Hz high-pass filter
- -20 dB pad
- Instrument input select
- Polarity-reverse switch
- Backlit VU meter
- Clip LED
- Input/Output: unbalanced 1/4 instrument input, 1 balanced XLR mic input, 1 unbalanced 1/4 line output, 1 balanced XLR line output
- Compact 1/3U rack-mount chassis
- External 12 VDC, 1A power supply
- Frequency Response 20 Hz – 20 kHz, -0.3 dB, +4 dBu, unity gain 5 Hz – 120 kHz, -3 dB, +4 dBu, unity gain
- THD+N 0.01%, -10 dBu, 1 kHz, unity gain, 20 kHz BW, unwtd
- Dynamic Range 115 dB, 1 kHz, unity gain, 20 kHz BW, A-wtd 107 dB, 1kHz, unity gain, 20 kHz BW, unwtd