The Zoom F4 Multitrack Field Recorder is a 4-track field recorder featuring four combo TRS/XLR inputs, XLR and jack outputs and support for 24-bit/192kHz recording. The F4 features six-input/eight-track recording with super-low-noise mic preamps and a time code with pinpoint accuracy. The F4 is equipped with high-quality mic preamps that enable a pristine recording and playback at resolutions of up to 24-bit/192 kHz. Its audio specs include an extremely low noise floor (-127 dBu EIN) and high gain (up to 75 dB) with +4 dB line-level inputs.
The F4 utilises a Temperature Compensated Crystal Oscillator (TCXO) that generates time code at 0.2 ppm accuracy. The F4 supports standard drop frame and non-drop formats, and can jam sync to time code provided by external devices. Standard BNC connectors enable easy integration into any rig. Advanced onboard limiters provide overload protection which lets you capture audio in a wide range of dynamic sound environments. A compact metal chassis makes the F4 both rugged and durable.
Four XLR/TRS combo inputs, a 3.5mm stereo input, and a Zoom mic capsule input, enable the F4 to be able to record up to six discrete tracks with an additional stereo mix track, all at resolutions of up to 24-bit/192 kHz. A dual SD card recording feature lets you record simultaneously on two SD/SDHC/SDXC cards (up to 512GB each).
An onboard mixer allows for flexible signal routing from all inputs to all outputs (pre- or post-fader) with user-adjustable level, pan, and input/output delay. Built-in limiters can be applied to all channels and tracks simultaneously. The F4 also includes built-in high-pass filtering to reduce the sound of wind and other noise, plus phase inversion and Mid-Side decoding. The F4 comes with free download licenses for Steinberg’s Cubase LE music production software and WaveLab LE audio editing software, representing a complete audio production toolkit.
The main features of the Zoom F4 Multitrack Field Recorder include:
- Inputs: 4x Locking Neutrik XLR/TRS Combo; 1x 3.5mm Stereo; 1x Zoom Mic Capsule
- 4x Mic Preamps: Up to 75 dB Gain; Less Than -127 dBu EIN; +4 dB Line Inputs
- Sampling Rate: 24-Bit/192 kHz; 16-/24-Bit Resolution
- Accurate Time Code (0.2 ppm): I/O for Standard BNC Connectors; Drop Frame/Non-Drop Formats with Jam Sync
- Power Supply Options: 8x AA Batteries, External DC Pack; Zoom AD-19 12V AC Adapter
- Dedicated Gain Knob
- 6-Segment LED Level Meter
- PFL/Solo Switch for Each Channel
- Phantom Power (+48V/+24V) on Each Preamp
- High Pass Filter, Phase Invert, & Mid-Side Decoder
- Advanced Onboard Limiters for Input & Output
- Dedicated Headphone Output (100 mW) with Front Panel Volume Control
- Dual XLR Balanced Main Outputs
- Front Panel Option Button
- 1.9” White, Backlit Monochrome LCD Display
- Dual SD/SDHC/SDXC Card Slots (Up to 512 GB Each(
- Built-In Tripod Mount; Camera Mount Adapter Included
- Includes: Camera Mount Adapter, Zoom AD-19 12V AC Adapter, DHC-1 DC-HIROSE Cable, Cubase LE & WaveLab LE Download Codes, Operation Manual
- Housing: Compact, Lightweight Metal
- Weight: 2 lb (Without Batteries)