The Zoom H6 Portable Digital Recorder really takes things to the next level by providing multiple inputs and expansion capabilities that allow it to be a versatile tool for portable recording in many applications and settings.
The first notable feature of the Zoom H6 is the capacity to house interchangeable input capsules that provide great solutions for certain situations. With the H6 is included two attachable input capsules, namely the XYH-6 X/Y capsule and the MSH-6 MS capsule. The XYH-6 X/Y capsule provides two high quality unidirectional microphones to ensure great sounding live stereo recordings and the MSH-6 MS (Mid-Side) capsule which allows for the adjustment of the stereo width of recordings, producing superb results which are very useful for film, video and television.
There are also two optional capsules, namely the SGH-6 riding shotgun microphone which provides high grade hyper-directional recording and the EXH-6 Dual XLR/TRS Combo capsule which provides for an additional two inputs. Users will be pleased to know that with the EXH-6 capsule, six tracks can be recorded simultaneously on the H6.
The H6 records 16 – 24-bit / 44.1 – 96 kHz WAV or MP3 formats directly to SD, SDHC and SDXC cards up to 128GB. The useful large LCD display will provide all necessary information, built-in effects like compression and limiting will also prove useful, while other functions like auto-record, pre-record and backup record, amongst others, make this a fully fledged portable digital recorder with expansion capabilities that will ensure its longevity.
The Zoom H6 Portable Digital Recorder features include:
- Interchangeable X/Y and Mid-Side capsules included
- Six track recording
- 4 x XLR/TRS combo inputs, 1 x 3.5mm mini jack line out, 1 x 3.5mm mini jack headphone out
- Gain controls and -20dB pads for each input
- +12/+24/+48 Phantom power capable
- Large full colour LCD display
- Records directly to SD/SDHC/SDXC up to 128GB
- Supports 16 – 24-bit / 44.1 – 96 kHz recording
- Auto-record, pre-record, backup-record
- Internal mix of multitrack to stereo
- Voice memo, overdubbing
- Built-in effects: low-cut filtering, compression, limiting
- Normalise, divide, trim editing
- Chromatic tuner and metronome
- Loop playback
- Variable playback speed, variable pitch per track
- USB port for data exchange
- Camera strap mounts
- Mounts to DSLR or camcorder with optional HS-01 Hot Shoe Mount adapter
- Takes four AA alkaline for over 20 hours operation or NiMH rechargeable batteries